Join a "Higher Caliber" of employees dedicated to providing the highest standard of professional communication service to citizens and public safety personnel through timely and accurate incident response.
The Communication Center operates 24/7/365 and answers over 240,000 citizen calls a year.
The Richardson Police Department offers great benefits and compensation opportunities in a professional public safety organization with a history dedicated to excellence and quality of service to our citizens.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Receive requests for police, fire and emergency medical services
- Dispatch and deploy public safety units and notify other support services
- Provide pre-arrival emergency medical instructions
- Operate various telecommunications equipment
Basic Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED, College preferred
- Must type minimum of 45 words per minute
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- U.S. Citizen
- Valid driver's license
What We're Looking For:
- Multi-tasking and people skills are essential
- Able to follow instructions, prioritize appropriately and make good decisions
- Able to work as part of a team
- Available to work any shift (nights/days, weekends, holidays)
You'll Receive Extensive Training in:
- TCOLE Telecommunicator License
- TCIC/NCIC Basic Certification
- Basic CPR
- NAEMD Advanced Medical Priority Dispatch
- Training on all positions, to include:
- 911 Call take
- Police Dispatch
- Fire/EMS Dispatch
Lateral entry program for experienced dispatchers! Click here for more info!
Video: Public Safety Telecommunicator